Email completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the file on your computer and send to the Email above once it it’s filled out: HPF_U of M_Jazz_Scholarship_Application_Form
Deadline is April 30th yearly.
Documents you are required to submit:
- Two written references, one academic, one personal
- Proof of acceptance to or enrollment in a post-secondary institution music program
- Official high-school marks or university/college transcript
- Be Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, a resident of Manitoba and/or international student;
- Plan to attend, or continue at, a recognized post-secondary institution in Manitoba;
- Must be 25 years of age or under;
- Demonstrate community involvement including, but not limited to, youth related activities, i.e. school or church. Additional points may be awarded to applicants who volunteer with the Foundation.
- Provide two written Recommendations, one of which must be a teacher, professor or guidance counselor capable of judging the applicant’s academic performance. References can not be a family member;
- Provide proof of acceptance to a post-secondary institution or proof of current enrollment at a post-secondary institution
- Submit official high school marks or university transcript
- Applications must be post-marked no later than July 15
- Six to ten scholarships are awarded annually.
- HPF will award a maximum of two scholarships to any one individual (one scholarship per year).
- The Selection Committee’s selection of the successful applicants is final.
- Applicants may be asked to justify the need and/or appear before the panel for an interview.
- Successful recipients may be asked to volunteer with the foundation
- HPF will issue T4 slips to recipients by February of the following year.
- If you are selected recipient of the HPF scholarship, you are required to submit one photograph of yourself, a short biography outlining your future career aspirations (maximum 200 words) and your SIN (Social Insurance Number. Photos and/or your biography may be used on the HPF web-site and in promotional activities