Save file to your computer and send to Email below once completed: HPF_Application_form
Email completed applications to: Hpfdn@mts.net
Deadline is June 30th yearly.
- For the General Scholarship program, applicants must be of African-Caribbean descent, accepted by a post secondary institution and enrolling in the upcoming school year or continuing studies at a post secondary institution.
- For the Jazz Studies program, applicants of any background must be accepted into the University of Manitoba’s Jazz Studies program and enrolling in the upcoming school year or continuing studies in the program.
- Be a resident of Manitoba: Canadian citizens or landed immigrants
*The Horace Patterson Foundation reserves the right to request proof of citizenship and/or of landed immigrant status.*
- Plan to attend, or continue at, a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Be a young person, 25 years of age or under.
- Demonstrate involvement in community activities including, but not limited to:
Youth community related activities , Leadership development activities, School or church-related activities.
- Provide two references, from two referees. One of the references must be a teacher, professor or guidance counselor capable of judging the applicant’s academic performance.
- Provide proof of acceptance to a post-secondary institution or proof of one’s continuing studies at a post-secondary institution.
- Submit official high school marks or university transcripts.
A scholarship selection committee is made of board and non-board members. They are review the applications and assign each a score. The applications with the highest scores will be awarded a scholarship for that year. Please note that the number of scholarships awarded will vary from year to year depending on the revenues received from fundraising efforts. Only successful recipients will be notified by August.